One of the worst things one can encounter in a car is a blown-up head gasket sealer. Also, the high cost of replacing the entire head gasket by the mechanic is another misery one has to face immediately after noticing a blown head gasket.
In this situation, a Head Gasket Sealer is a fortune saver that can minimize the losses that may have cost you if you opt for replacing the whole head gasket. Professional opinion is a must before taking action on your own. But as per experience, we can assure you that most of the time professionals also advise you to use head gasket sealers until there is a major setback with your machine engine.
Here in this article, we offer you the complete review and use the guidance of a most known BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer that not only promises to cope with all engine troubles happening due to blown head gasket but also delivers quality and efficient durability.
How to use BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer
It is impossible to drive a car that is showing severe troubles related to cooling and heating. There is a bad smell in the car interior because of antifreeze, one has to clean the motor section, again and again, pouring liters of antifreeze every short span, simultaneous smoke check from under the hood, etc.
These problems come commonly with a blown head gasket and BlueDevil Head Gasket sealer promise to provide efficient results over these severe troubles.
BlueDevil Head Gasket sealer is effective in situations like warped and cracked heads, freeze plugs, heated cores, blown head gasket, etc. It is recommended to use a head gasket sealer is a minor variant to resolve the trouble. In that situation, BlueDevil works like a charm. Also, these troubles at the first time should be considered as a warning to handle the engine with care because if not then you might end up replacing major engine parts.
Here are some facts that in the above-mentioned troubles BlueDevil head gasket sealer saves you a lot of unnecessary hassle especially when the engine troubles are the minor ones:
- It doesn’t have any hard particles in it so it surely isn’t gonna harm your vehicle’s engine in any possible way.
- It majorly focuses on the head gasket and engine parts but is also capable of resolving leaks of any kind like heating and engine cooling leaks.
- It results as an alternative to expensive replacements of engine repairs in almost 80% of cases.
- It provides permanent repairs to the troubles it promised to resolve.
- It is very easy to use and this guide further makes it trouble-free about usage conditions.
BlueDevil Head gasket sealer is not for making reusable a dead engine but it performs enormously efficient over leaks and blown head gasket issues that save you an ample amount of spending over the whole new engine parts related to head parts of the motor and cooling system parts if you continue to use the engine without it.
Now let’s have a look over the usage of BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer appropriately. Although every situation differs from others about how much sealer you require to pour in your engine depending on the leaks amount. For the exact pouring amount, check the instructions given on the bottle of BlueDevil Head Gasket sealer. The instructions are presented on the bottle in a very elaborated fashion related to pouring amount covering all the engine situations that one can face.
Apart from the pouring amount, the below set of instructions about appropriate usage of BlueDevil Head Gasket is the same for every engine:
- Remove the thermostat and then flush the cooling system for identifying troubles related to leaks etc.
- Water filled the whole system but left the required space to pour the Head Gasket sealer of the amount one checked as per the bottle instructions related to their particular trouble.
- Start the engine and turn off the radiator cap.
- After leaving the engine start for 3-4 minutes, pour the head gasket sealer slowly into the system. Note that if you are using a whole bottle of sealer then it should take a whole 1 minute to pour sealer into the system. And if you are using lesser amounts then pouring timings vary from 30 to 40 seconds.
- After pouring, the car engine starts for 40 to 50 minutes and by this, the radiator cap should get back to its place then you turn off the engine.
- Leave the car until it is completely cool down and then flush backwater from the system.
- At last, put the thermostat back in its place and also fill the cooling system with compatible antifreeze.
The above simple steps resolve all your engine-related troubles within a couple of hours.
How to clean up BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer
There is only one condition in which one is required to clean up blue devil head gasket sealer and that is when the damage was severe and the person without consulting a professional mechanic, used a blue devil head gasket sealer. In this case, instead of resolving the issues, the sealer makes it worse.
In several cases, it is seen that if you use a head gasket sealer in major damages then there appear a white rock salt-like hard particles formed in the radiator, heater core, and in the cooling system.
So here’s the preferred solution to this problem if you accidentally abuse your engine with a blue devil head gasket sealer:
- Pour two separate Preston flashes back to back and between each of the flushes, cover your engine bay with plastic and remove the radiator cap. Also, pull the hoses off the heater core above the firewall.
- After that use an air compressor and blast air out of the top of the radiator through each hose. Fill it with water and repeat the step again and again until it comes out clean.
- Also ran air through the heater core in both directions provided that the hoses should be turned off.
Well, the above method might seem complicated to someone. In that case, don’t hesitate to consult a professional mechanic. Because if you take the matter in hand in the absence of a professional then it makes the situation
Worse than it currently is.
How much to use BlueDevil Pour-N-Go Head Gasket Sealer
BlueDevil pour-n-go head gasket sealer is the simpler version of BlueDevil head gasket sealer that is designed for the customers that are more into do-it-yourself because this particular sealer is designed for a single repair.
The car owners who are not mechanically inclined and looking for a permanent solution to simple troubles like a leak in the cooling system etc can check Bluedevil pour-n-go. The working of this gasket sealer is simpler than the blue devil head gasket one.
While blue devil head gasket sealer is 32oz that is required for engines with large cooling capacities, severe cooling system leaks, etc. this one is only 16oz and can efficiently put a permanent stop to cooling system leak of the engine intended to have a single leak on a 4 or 6 cylinder engine.
Here are instructions that one should follow regarding the usage of blue devil pour-n-go gasket sealer:
- First of all, it is a must that your engine is cool before following these instructions and once it is checked, remove the radiator cap.
- In case your radiator is full then drain down some antifreeze to make some space for the sealer.
- Start the engine and turn the heater to the max. Leave the engine idle for a few minutes and then start pouring Bluedevil pour-n-go gasket sealer slowly into the radiator. Note that one has to pour the whole bottle slowly with the time of approximately 1 minute. In case if the vehicle doesn’t have a radiator cap then pour the sealer through the top radiator hose.
- Now replace the radiator cap and let the engine idle on start for about 50 minutes maintaining normal operating temperatures.
- At last, again top off the radiator with water and antifreeze and the blue devil pour-n-go gasket sealer can remain in the system and work efficiently.
As we know that this sealer is 16 oz and specifically manufactured for single-engine troubles and smaller engines so there are no restrictions on the capacity of it required in different troubles. One can pour a whole bottle to resolve the issues.
Where to put BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer
Bluedevil head gasket sealer should pour into the radiator by making some space into it by draining down antifreeze in case the radiator is full.
It is also recommended to follow appropriate instructions and capacity measurements according to the damage your engine is facing because if a slight mistake happened from your side regarding an unattended major severe issue then the use of a gasket sealer can make the situation worse than solving it.
That’s why if it seems complicated to follow the instructions do not hesitate to take help from the mechanic. A professional not only helps you pour the sealer the right way but also check if the engine requires any major assistance or only the sealer helps repair it back to normal.
How to use BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer for BMW
The design of BMW cars differs in both materials and methodology as compared to other car manufacturers and also in several sports models they use magnesium to make the mold of the engine but the combustion chamber is always made of aluminum.
By taking account of all the engine compatibilities of a BMW engine we constructed the below-refined instruction steps that differ from the generalized instructions mentioned above because there are some tweaks in the process one has to do for pouring blue devil head gasket sealer in BMW engines:
- Flush the radiator once to make the engine ready to pour blue devil head gasket sealer. And in case you are facing an overheating issue then it is recommended to flush twice instead of one.
- After that, certainly, check that the engine is cooled down. In the case of other car engines, the recommended time to wait for the engine to cool down is up to 24 hours but in the case of BMW, it is pretty low like 3-5 hours max especially if you flush your engine with hoax water and cool water during flushing twice in the first step.
- Don’t forget to remove the thermostat before flushing the BMW engine twice as recommended in the above steps.
After the above steps normally follow the generalized instructions to pour the head gasket sealer in the engine then there will be no issues and the BMW engine adapts the changes occurring with blue devil head gasket sealer more efficiently in comparison to other car engines.
One major note is that in the case of the BMW car engine as mentioned above that you are flushing the engine twice before following the generalized instructions of pouring the blue devil head gasket sealer then the flushing with blue devil radiator flush is optional and it depends on the car owner.
It does not need a third flush especially if your engine gets regular servicing from time to time. But if your engine doesn’t get service in a long time then third flushing with blue devil radiator flush only improves the efficiency of the blue devil head gasket sealer.
1. Does BlueDevil ruin your engine?
Ans. Unlike other cheap sealers that contain petroleum distillates, blue devil sealers contain no harmful chemicals or hard particles that clog and damage system tubes.
2. How many times can I use the Bluedevil head gasket sealer?
Ans. You can use a blue devil head gasket sealer more than once to repair minor leaks. It is not recommended for major engine issues. Apart from that, it is reusable.
3. Do you have to remove the thermostat when using the BlueDevil head gasket sealer?
Ans. Absolutely, for the perfect flush one certainly needs to remove the thermostat.
Bluedevil head gasket sealer is one of the most known head gasket sealers that almost everybody prefers on priority to fix any type of server engine leaks and blown head gasket-related troubles.
There are several sealers available in the market from the blue devil so one can easily get confused. Hence this article works as a guide that contains every minor detail one needs to know before flushing their engine with a gasket sealer.